Reporting to the Customer Service Team Leader, the newly created Sales Support Administrator position will play a key role in supporting Horizon’s commercial team by providing a point of contact for inbound customer sales inquiries, responding directly where possible and otherwise routing to the appropriate person or department.
The position acts as the customer’s advocate inside the commercial team to ensure a timely and relevant response & assists the commercial team when required on creating quotations, proposals and other customer facing materials.
This role is based in our offices in Cambridge Research Park, Waterbeach.
Following the recent acquisition of Dharmacon, this is an exciting time to join Horizon as we take our combined portfolio forward into 2018 and build on the significant market opportunities that this partnership offers.
- Answers phone calls, emails & on-line chat from customers who have requested sales contact, providing first response to customers & routing to sales when necessary
- Assesses customer contacts for sales potential, following up directly where possible or routing sales leads to the sales team when appropriate
- Answers other customer contacts on behalf of the Customer Service team when available and required
- Routes non-sales & post-sales related inquires to relevant teams, for example Technical Support
- Generates and issues quotations for standard products and services & answers questions on product pricing
- Records customer interactions into Horizon’s CRM system & ensures accuracy of customer data
- Issues surveys & questionnaires to customers to collect customer requirements for Horizon’s Services Business, following up by phone or email as necessary
- Coordinates completion of Supplier Appraisal surveys and questionnaires, working with relevant departments such as QA, Finance & Legal to provide relevant responses
- Assists Sales teams with completing complex or non-standard proposals and responses to customers
- Processes orders & assists with order administration, liaising between customers & internal teams such as shipping and manufacturing to respond to customer enquiries
- Undertakes relevant project work and additional responsibilities as appropriate and agreed with the Global Head of Customer Services
Qualification, knowledge and key skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a life sciences related subject
- Previous experience in a customer facing role administration role, ideally in a sales or commercial environment
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to engage with customers
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks independently and seek support when needed
- Interest in and aptitude for learning about our portfolio to the depth necessary to triage sales inquiries and answer or redirect effectively. Full product training will be provided
- Excellent English skills in both written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of CRM systems would be an advantage