Working together with our Marcoms Manager, our Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the global marketing and advertising programs for Horizon’s innovative portfolio of research products. This person must have a proven history of effective project management, should have strong attention to detail, and should be comfortable working with multiple international business teams. Effective management of logistics for printing, shipping, resource coordination, and program management is essential for this role.
Following the acquisition of Dharmacon by Horizon Discovery, this newly created role will be part of our global marketing team and will be based in our office in Lafayette CO.
This role will be a key part of the team delivering our rebranding initiative, as well as supporting our global sales teams with appropriate collateral and event materials.
This is an exciting time to join Horizon/Dharmacon as we integrate our brands and launch our expanded organisation into the market.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Partner with marketing and sales team resources to effectively plan and distribute event materials worldwide
- Work with third party creative agencies, design agencies, print agencies, and industry organizations to ensure that collateral is developed in accordance with project plans
- Manage a large scale content rebranding project by effectively coordinating content review with content owners, and working with designers to ensure brand compliance
- Provide budget management support by helping to track costs, manage POs, track invoices, and accurately capturing payments
- Provide sales support and distributor support through the development and maintenance of an online sales team website
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter for sales and distributors to drive awareness of new marketing tools, sales tools, collateral, etc.
- Post sales content and other assets to the Salesforce.com CRM
- Support brand standards by ensuring that fonts, colors, writing styles, and imagery are in accordance with Horizon’s brand standards and implemented consistently
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2 years experience managing marcom projects, design projects, event planning, or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time-management, planning, prioritization, and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Desired Characteristics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design tools
- Experience with Salesforce.com or content management systems
- Proficient in ticket management or project management tools
Travel and Location
- Location: Office based position in Lafayette, CO
- Expected traveling time: <10%