Horizon is a leading life science company that delivers science-driven research solutions advancing the understanding of the genetic basis of disease and the delivery of better healthcare outcomes for patients. We act as a discovery partner for leading pharma and biotech companies worldwide, have thriving internal research programs and supply research and validation tools to organisations engaged in genomics research and the development of personalised medicines.
Due to the growth of our High Throughput Screening Platform, experienced cell culture scientists to join our current team. We need a permanent member and 3 temporary staff for 3-4 month contract.
- Contribute to the execution of high through-put screening, using cellular techniques including: mammalian cell culture, cellular viability assays, and lab information management systems (LIMS)
- Perform work using micro fluid-handling robotic equipment and fluorescent or luminescent plate readers
- Maintenance of multiple mammalian tissue culture cell lines
- Day to day maintenance of automation equipment
- Processing, recording, and reporting all data generated in a precise and organized manner
- Responsible for detailed tasks under minimal supervision from Senior Scientist or above
CORE SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in mammalian cell culture (minimum 1 year) with excellent aseptic technique
- Ability to work at pace, manage a high workload and work under pressure in an environment with frequently changing priorities
- A careful and meticulous nature with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, independence and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment
- Fully reliable team member
- Demonstrated ability to work in a BL-2 environment
- Compound dose response and cellular viability assays
- High through-put screening
- Knowledge of lab information management systems (LIMS), liquid handling robotic equipment and fluorescent or luminescent plate readers
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Biotechnology or Biological discipline (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 1 year in a laboratory setting. Industry experience preferred.
This is a lab-based role and candidates should be highly self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities. Note that this position will require flexible working to cover 7 day operations.
In return we offer a varied and interesting working environment and we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our scientists and operational teams and a competitive salary.