Horizon Discovery is an award-winning Biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, UK with a global presence across the US, Europe and APAC regions. Using our proprietary gene-editing platform and deep scientific expertise, we design and engineer genetically-modified cells that are applied in research and clinical applications. Our rapidly growing product catalogue, service offering and research programmes are powering progress to understand the genetics drivers of disease and ultimately advance human health.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting into the Global Head of Sales, the newly created role of Head of Sales, US West will be responsible for managing all aspects of a growing field sales team working across the west US region. Working together with an east coast counterpart, this will be a key member of the commercial team.
This role is expected to be remote based, managing a team of remote staff. Applicants based in any western US location will be considered, with a preference for Colorado or California.
- Full responsibility for sales revenue generation and commercial activity for the US West business, working together with the Global Head of Sales to establish/execute a territory sales plan that supports the goals of the business.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan that centers on growing the business and building products and services market in the US sector. With an emphasis on Pharma, Biotech, CRO, Research Centers, Hospitals, SMEs Academia and Clinical Labs.
- Establish an effective sales and BD pipeline that focuses on increasing sales to target customers in the US all while increasing general brand awareness in the customer segment.
- Focus on hiring and retaining top talent
- Effectively manage the US regional sales team that consists of Sales Managers, as well as coordinate with members of management team as well as other key stakeholders to drive company growth.
- Create high level of business connections within key customer accounts and potential client accounts in order to help foster complete account alignment.
- Embodies Horizon’s cultural values and company culture during a period of integration and change.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behaviour with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Ability to travel 40-50% of the time
We're looking for an inspirational and motivating leader that can act as a role model for a strong commercial and scientific team.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others and to develop their talents and abilities.
In addition you will have:
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to new developments within the organization, embrace change and execute the new plan
- A fundamental understanding of drug discovery.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferable in a life sciences field, graduate degree is a plus.
- Proven people management experience in a Sales leadership role and “on the ground” sales experience preferably with Key Account Management responsibilities.
- Ability to build key relationships
- High aptitude to learn technical and scientific information.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, and as a team member.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to deliver primary objectives.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines, be well organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.