Horizon Discovery, a leading provider of translational genomics research tools, is searching for a Customer Service and Technical Support Assistant, a new position reporting to the Head of Customer Service.
This is an office based role and you will be responsible for:
Customer and Technical Support via Live Chat, email and telephone (70% Core Task)
Order entry and processing (30% Core Task)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for answering technical support questions directly and updating the customer during the process.
- Responsible for working with the European commercial team to support with product information, product availability and processing orders reactively e.g. via telephone, in a timely manner.
- Responsible for running the Live Chat service on EU time zones to answer technical, commercial and product information enquiries.
- Supporting the Distribution partners with product information, technical support, product availability and pricing.
- Contribute to the development of the ordering, technical support, and complaints processes to ensure Horizon continues to provide an excellent customer experience now and into the future.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educational Background:
- European Language in addition to English highly desirable
- Scientific Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a related field required.
- Post-graduate degree or commercial experience in a life science company is highly desirable.
- Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer solutions experience
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical concepts and explain them and their benefits intricately to others required.
- Motivation and drive to learn about the products in the Diagnostic and Genomic Divisions and the processes involved.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types required.
- Attention to details essential.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
- Previous role in either customer services or technical support desirable.
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system desirable.
We offer a varied and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees.