Horizon is a leading life science company that delivers science-driven research solutions advancing the understanding of the genetic basis of disease and the delivery of better healthcare outcomes for patients. We act as a discovery partner for leading pharma and biotech companies worldwide, have thriving internal research programs and supply research and validation tools to organisations engaged in genomics research and the development of personalised medicines.
Due to the growth of our High Throughput Screening Platform, we require a study co-ordinator to join our newly formed team and manage projects delivered through our OncoSignature High-throughput Screening Platform.
- Design, execute, QC and analysis of OncoSignature HT arrayed compound screening projects
- Management and scheduling of cell line queue for HTS screening in coordination with cell culture, compound management and automation scientists to ensure timely delivery of OncoSignature HT projects
- Preparation of client reports and internal project status/milestone delivery reports for department manager and the project management office
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the OncoSignature HT screening processes and procedures to maximise effectiveness and reduce costs e.g. improve workflows, introduction of new automation
- Introduction of new content (assays) onto the OncoSignature HT platform
- Ensure all records are accurately maintained
- Mentoring, supervision and training of junior staff
- Hold others accountable for high standards and clarify what needs to be accomplished, why, and the consequences for the individual, project and/or company
CORE SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture with excellent aseptic technique including experience of working under BSL2 biosafety conditions
- Ability to function independently and manage own workload effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work at pace, maintain a high workload, work under pressure and make decisions in the absence of complete information in an environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent planning and outstanding organisation skills
- Ability to interact widely with acknowledged experts within and outside own discipline
- A careful and meticulous nature with exceptional attention to detail
- Fully reliable team member
- Logical, analytical, self-critical
- Ability to think more broadly than the role and use this insight to challenge and evolve current approaches/ways of doing things.
- Experience in interpretation and handling of large screening datasets
- High through-put screening, interpretation of compound dose response and cellular viability assay data
- Knowledge of combination science
- Knowledge of lab information management systems (LIMS), acoustic dispensers, liquid handling and cell culture automation and plate readers
- Data QC and analysis
- Experience of working in an industrial setting.
The ideal candidate will be PhD qualified with more than 2 years' experience or equivalent.
This is a lab-based role and candidates should be highly self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities. Excellent communication skills, a careful and meticulous nature and attention to detail are essential.
In return we offer a varied and interesting working environment and we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our scientists and operational teams and a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
Medical, Health & Life Insurances
Employee share purchase plan (Sharesave)
25 days annual leave
One paid working day each year for volunteering